Sunday, October 18, 2015

Story #1: What

What.
       I'm laying in bed right now, there's blood leaking from my left arm, staining my sheets, I pick at my skin when I'm nervous. I don't dare make any slightest indication that I'm awake, my parents are staring at me with their mouths wide open. Uhh... maybe I should start from the beginning, sometimes I get ahead of myself.
      It was around 1:30 a.m., I woke up to a scream that sounded like it was from my mom. I was extremely tired, and I didn't really think much of the shriek, instead I decided to get up and piss before investigating, which may have saved my life, and I still haven't decided whether or not I regret it. I walked out of the bathroom and saw blood stains at the bottom of the stairs. Terrified, I ran to my room like a frightened child and hid under my sheets, hoping this was all just a weirdly realistic nightmare. I heard a thumping, coming from the wooden staircase. Tears filled my eyes as I peered from under my sheets. My eyes adjusted to the dim hallway lighting outside my room, and I saw a creature, slowly, walking? I'm not sure how to describe the motions it was making. It stopped, and turned towards my room. I was paralyzed with fear as I pretended to still be asleep. The creature looked, dead, or whatever it was, most certainly not alive. It had no clothing, but no genitals to cover anyways. The skin looked as though it was struggling to stretch and cover the flesh and limbs of the thing's body, flesh and muscle torn away in some spots. It was hunched over, with something clutched in its fists. It took me a minute to figure out what it was, but it turned out to be the hair attached to my now, dead, parents. I couldn't move, I couldn't scream or run away, I could just squint my eyes and pretend to be asleep, hoping the thing wouldn't hurt me, too.
      It came over to my bed, and raised my mom up, and set the corpse on the edge of my bed, propped up by my bed frame. Her blood-soaked mouth and empty eyes wide open, staring at me. The thing set my dad up on my chair in the corner of my room, in the same position as my mom. It then creeped over to my wall, and painted. It didn't take long for it to get finished, it looked like the creature was writing a message. After it was finished, the thing got down on the floor, I heard its joints and bones crack, and it crawled under my bed. I tried to read the message, but it was too dark to make out. I sat there for hours, wide awake and contemplating what I should do. Should I try to jump out of bed and run for it? Or should I wait for somebody to come find me? I've been dwelling on this for hours now. It's around 6 a.m., I'm assuming, and it's just light enough for me to read the note. It's written in blood and the first thing I see is a pentagram, and then the words,

      "I know you're awake."

44 comments:

  1. What a great mystery! So desriptive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Can't believe that ending. Where's the sequel??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary, and good mystery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write a sequel! I'm in suspense still!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good flow and very easy to get into

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would enjoy it more if it were longer

    ReplyDelete
  8. What else happened after the story ended??

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading this I stood up and clapped and realized I had a minor headache I took a Tylenol and am now waiting for a sequal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waiting for the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waiting for the ending

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will never be the same 😂🍕

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creepy with a mystery. Leaving every hanging

    ReplyDelete
  14. Full of suspense and lots of details

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very exciting and suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tons of suspense!! It leaves you wondering. ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very creative but what happens after the ending?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very suspenseful, I absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's creepy, but a good kind of creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very mysterious great job

    ReplyDelete
  22. Was a great mystery

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great story needs another

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the dark and demonic theme of the story

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very spooky, I wish I knew the person's reaction seeing that on their wall.

    ReplyDelete