Friday, October 23, 2015

Story #42: The Project

The Project

It was another gloomy Monday morning and it was living up to the status. My day was off to a bad start and it could only get worse. I got up and ready for school as fast as I could, since I forgot to set my alarm the night before. My day was off to a bad start and it has just started...
I got onto the bus, with my granola bar in my hand, and plopped down into my seat. The bus ride felt like it took forever. I finally got to school and my day instantly got better when I saw my best friend Tory. She is tall, blonde, and has glasses. She is so funny, she can always make my day better.
"Hi Tory," I exclaimed to my best friend.
"Hey, can you get your laptop out to make sure our geography movie is done?" Tory asked me. I got my bag and unzipped it, I started to get nervous. MY LAPTOP WAS GONE.
"Oh my god, my laptop isn't in my bag! My life is over," I cried out. We both just stood there for a minute and didn't say anything to each other. Our geography presentation is today, and if we don't show it, we get a zero. Tory and I have been working on this project for months and all for nothing.
Mr. Milem, our geography teacher, is really strict and doesn't accept any excuses. This project will determine our overall grade for the semester. I can't even begin to think about the consequences I will have if I fail this class.
The day goes on and Tory just ignores me until we come face to face in Geography class 7th hour. She looks pretty mad, but I don't understand why, we all make mistakes. She never reminded me last night or this morning to make sure I remembered.
"So what are we going to tell Mr. Milem?" Tory asked.
"I think he'll understand if we just explain to him that I forgot my laptop..." I said.
"No," she cut me off, "YOU can explain to him that you are irresponsible and forgot something that I needed to get a good grade in this class. I thought I could trust you, my best friend, to be my partner for this project. I guess not."
All I could do was stand there, she has crushed my feelings. My best friend hasn't talked to me all day, and now she's insulting me in front of the whole class. I can't believe this is how Tory feels.
"Okay class, Tory and Nora are presenting first today," Mr. Milem explained as he walked into the classroom, "so let's get in our seat and be quiet."
"Actually," I started, "I forgot my laptop at home this morning."
"Hey! Sorry it took me so long but I figured you needed this Nora," my mom sputter as she rushed in with my laptop.
Oh my gosh, what a life saver! I can't believe my mother actually brought it to me without asking, I totally blanked on asking her to. "Thanks so much Mom!" I yelled out.
My mom left and we set up my computer and showed our presentation. At the end of class Mr. Milem told Tory and I that we did a great job.
     My mom saved the day, mine and Tory's grades, and our friendship! I can't thank her enough.

34 comments:

  1. Good story with good characters,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really relatable and realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very relatable and loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good story... Very realistic and relatable

    ReplyDelete
  5. As relatable as height to a giraffe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very realistic good story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom saved the day! Very satisfying ending!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart broke when Tory got upset! But I was so greatful for the happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moms are the best. Great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad there was a happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moms are wonderful, aren't they!!?? Everyone should go home and give their mom a big hug and kiss.

    Cute story. I have a feeling this could be bordering on nonfiction. ;) Glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was honestly scared that they were gonna get a bad grade for some reason. But there was a happy ending after all

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice. this story is relatable to those who've forgotten something at home and panic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great story. Thank you so much for sharing with us. CD International School is provide best teaching methods in Gurgaon.

    ReplyDelete