Thursday, October 22, 2015

Story #33: First Hunt

First Hunt
One time when I went out hunting. I woke up like every normal morning before hunting. Got in the shower, took a scent free shower, got a quick bite to eat, and headed downstairs to get ready for my eventful morning. When I got ready I went outside and waited for my friend/hunting partner to get ready. When he was ready we had to spray down with our scent free spray and headed out to the treestand. While we were walking out it was still pretty dark so we had to use our flashlights to see where we were walking. We were about halfway to the treestand when we heard a suspicious noise in the weeds by us. We looked at each other at the same time. I asked him, "What is that?" He replied, "I have no clue." We shrugged, didn't think much of it and kept on our way to our treestand. Once we finally got to the treestand we climbed up and tied in with our life lines and waited for it to get light.

A little while later it started to get light and it always seems to be the most exciting part of the day. We patiently waited for a deer to walk by when all of a sudden  I heard something walking our way. I told my hunting partner, "Hey I think I hear something coming our way." Well a few moments later an animal emerged from the brush. It was a baby fox. My hunting partner asked me, "Should we shoot it?" I replied, "No! It is too cute to kill, and besides it's not what we are out here to kill." So after the fox passed by us we sat there and waited for some deer to work there way into the woods where we we sitting. An hour or so goes by when my partner says, "Hey, I think I hear a deer coming our way." So we grabbed our guns and waited to catch a glimpse of the animal. When we did we nearly dropped our guns in awe. It was a huge 10 point buck! My partner and I looked at each other with excitement in our eyes. We both knew we had to wait until it came out completely and gave us a good clean lane to shoot through so we could make an ethical shot on him. We were trying not to get too excited but we kept finding ourselves shaking like leaves. When this big buck finally came out into the open we both raised our guns, took a deep breath, counted down from 3-1, and fired away at this deer. The buck sudden kicked like a mule and ran took off at full speed. We knew we hit it because we could see the blood spewing out the sides of the deer. My partner and I were really excited because we had never killed a deer together before. But we had to keep our composure because we hadn't recovered the deer yet, and deer are very very touch animals to kill. A few minutes go by before we can't take it anymore and we climb down the tree to go look for blood. We instantly find blood everywhere. I told my partner, "There is no way this deer is going very far." So we continued on following the blood trail and like I had said the deer didn't go very far. So we had to do all of the gutting and drag it back to the house some could brag to everyone. When everyone saw it they were giving us complements. That was pretty much the end of our fun filled first day of deer hunting.

36 comments:

  1. Very descriptive! Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has good friendship and nicely detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice story, nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the teamwork

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deer is fun to right abiut

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was good! Nice plot line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of a kind so far and very descriptive

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could feel the adrenaline rush!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really decriptive and action packed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story. Has a good example of team work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a hunter, nor have I ever been hunting (unless you count hunting for golf balls in a corn field, which we won't), so I can only imagine what it is like. You did a fab job with imagery and the thrill and excitement were definitely apparent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been hunting. But the way you described it in the story makes me wanna go hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how it's written. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice, all though I don't like hunting, I'm glad it was described in way you would know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, you felt like you were there with them

    ReplyDelete