Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Story #26: You Left Me

You Left Me
            Addison, you left me without a single warning, this cold windy morning in November. You left me and everyone else in this world without saying goodbye. You went through with it. I can't even say it and I won't say it. The paramedics took you away. They took your cold lifeless body away. I'm motionless, shocked, speechless.
            In our bed that smells like you I lay choking on my sobs and staining our pillow cases with tears. I haven't seen your happy face since last night. When we went to bed. I didn't think anything was different. Though I do know that you had depression which I can't stop and which I can't save you from.
            When I saw you on the floor of the kitchen, an empty bottle of pills in your cold hand I thought you were joking. You were always like that. I woke up in our bed to notice that one thing was missing. You were missing. Your side of the bed was cold so I went to go find you. When I didn't smell bacon cooking I knew something was up. I creeped into the kitchen and peered around the corner to see you. You were laying on the floor as if you fell onto the floor.
            "Addie! Have you fallen asleep on the floor again?" I asked while laughing. When I didn't hear a reply I looked next to your hand. There was a pill bottle laying on the floor. I fell to my knees and scrambled to your body. I put my hand on your neck to find a pulse. There was none.
            I started to panic and pressed my ear to your chest, desperately listening for your breath and the soft beat of your heart. I screamed, tears streaming down my face, "No! Oh my god, no no no no no no no! This can't be happening. Oh my god, Addison, no" the tears were an endless stream.
            I grabbed my phone from the floor where I dropped it minutes ago. I dialed 911 and they picked up almost immediately, "Hello, what's your emergency?" The woman's voice was calm, mine was not.
            "M-m-my girlfriend, Addison..." I sobbed uncontrollably.
            "Sir, please calm down so I can help you," the woman told me to calm down yet I know there's no calming down. Addie, you're gone. Why did you leave me!?
            I choked out some more sobs before saying quite inaudibly, "Sh-she took all the pills-she's not breathing...help me, PLEASE! I'm begging you, save her." I started to get angry. You left me with our saying goodbye.
            "Okay, sir, tell me where you are, we will be there as soon as we can." She sounded determined to help, yet deep down I know there's no help. You're already gone.
            I gave her our address to our little apartment in New York City as I stared still frantically whaling out  screamed cries of pain. You're really gone. I can't see the life I your eyes or see the happiness when I told you I love you and I can't see your cute little smile and I can't hold you close anymore. All I can do is lay in bed until I recover. I have to tell you that I will never forget you, and that I will never, ever stop loving you. I love you Addison. The worst part of all was that I was going to propose to you today.
            I went to our room and grabbed the ring and calmly walked to your body and picked up your cold hand. I could hear the sirens far away.
            "Addison, will you marry me?" I asked sadly before slipping the ring on your frozen ring finger. 

38 comments:

  1. I want to know the author so bad. This story is so unbelievably beautiful and shows the true monster that depression is. Addie held onto this person for dear life but let go one night...sorrow does that to you. Fantastic job. Absolutely amazing story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAME BACK AND READ IT AGAIN. SO BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of all the story's so far, I like this one the most. It's so sad, but beautiful. Whoever did this, pat yourself on the back man you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story is very sad and well-written. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so sad... Amazing story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very complete story

    ReplyDelete
  7. This story is so good. Was sad and just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sad but the definition it shows is great

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an immaculate and sad and deep story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was really sad. It was so good great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really sad, but good story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. NIce job!! Very very nice idea, which then was turned into a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This story is amazing. It shows the real horror of depression and losing a loved one. Loved the wording and everything about this story. Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sorrowful story

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so powerful. It is amazing. I have read this a bunch of times!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This story is so good. I wish it would have been a book. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This story puts so much in to perspective and describes what problems that people face and how silently they kill us. This is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very sad and an amazing story. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Depresstion is a monster. It is invisible. It attacks you from the inside. It doesn't always kill the body, but almost always the soul.
    Very well written. You should be proud

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic story. I cried a little to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sometimes holding on causes more damage than letting go

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is easily my favorite story so far. Whoever wrote this honestly needs to publish this or become a writer or something.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I HOPE the author reads all these great comments and will reveal him/herself when the time comes. It really is a moving story. My favorite part is when you chose to let the sentences run together, just like the narrator's stream of consciousness ("I can't see the life in your eyes..."). It is very realistic and heart-rending. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. An amazing story, I'm glad to know the author now. It was wonderfully put.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's a sad story, well put together though

    ReplyDelete