Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Story #17: The Dream

The Dream
Meagan and Alaina were best friends in third grade. They both dreamed of becoming cheerleaders. They would run around the house together with pom poms and cheer. Then one day they got a new student, Amy Love. Megan and Alaina started playing with her at recess, until one day Megan got tired of sharing her best friend. Eventually Megan and Alaina didn't even talk anymore, and Amy became Alaina's new best friend. This caused Megan to hate both of them. As high school was just around the corner, Megan and Alaina had always pictured themselves trying out for the cheer team together, but instead it was going to be Alaina and Amy trying out together.
The days were finally here! Cheerleading tryouts were today! Alaina and Amy called each other as soon as they woke up. On the phone Alaina said, " I am so excited for today! I really do hope that Megan tries out today too."
Amy replied, " I do too, I feel like she hates us though."
"Yea me too, but I hope not, I never meant for her to think I didn't want her to be my friend anymore."
"Yeah, well I'll see ya at school!" At school Megan was still debating on going to try outs or not. She wanted to but it wouldn't be the same as she had always imagined it without Alaina by her side. She thought to herself, " Maybe I over reacted in elementary school when I started hating her because of Amy. I shouldn't have held this grudge so long, now I don't have my best friend by my side." But to her surprise Alaina walked up to her today and said, "Hey Megan, I know you don't like me, but I just wanted to ask if you were still going to tryout for the cheer team, I think it would be really great to do this with you like we always dreamed." Megan was stunned, she figured all of those dirty looks and her pretending to not hear her when she tried talking to her, that Alaina and Amy would hate her.
"I have really been thinking about it, I just didn't want to without you, but I haven't really been the best of friend for a long time," Megan replied.
"I would love for you to be there...you, Amy, and I can all tryout together!" Alaina smiled and walked away.
At tryouts at the end of the day Megan, Alaina, and Amy all stretched and learned the cheers together. Finally it was their turn to go tryout. Afterwards they all went and hung out at Alaina's house while they waited for the results.
When they went back, they saw that all three of them made the team. This was going to be great first year of high school! They were all three friends again, and they get to cheer together!

32 comments:

  1. Nicely done and has a good plot line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a really good message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plot line and nice grammar

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Great lesson many people have had to learn!!!

      Delete
  6. Really good story! I could put myself in that situation. Very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy ending! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good story with a good message

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story it had a meaning behind it and I think many people can relate to it

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's meaning was amazing and it's very true. Stuff like this happens all the time with people

    ReplyDelete
  11. 焦げたトースト

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sensed a deep meaning in it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad they are all friends. Anything that has happened in the past should remain there. Especially petty little spats girls often have. :)

    Good story and very realistic. I know all the girls can relate to these kind of friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to a story about friendship. Many can relate to having fights with friends and regretting it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good story, very heart touching

    ReplyDelete