Thursday, October 22, 2015

Story #35: Heir

Heir
As the summer sun drifted through the trees in Central Park I am taken rather forcefully out of my painting trance by my sister Marisa yelling in my ear, " Amy Lou Allen so help me come back to earth or you will suffer the consequences."
" Marissa Suzanne Allen I think I'll take my chances." I say In a joking manor. My sister is a lot like me short (under 5'7), long red hair, blue/green eyes, artistic, bookworm but one thing is for sure we are exact opposites on the social radar. Marisa is the social butterfly with all the friends and good looks but I'm the one with the brain and shyness with my simple clothes, I rule my own world of quiet people that like to keep to themselves and study all the time.
" Well hey there," Says Luke J. Grayson the late one of our little group," I thought Ihad missed the most exciting part of the day but I see that the sisterly fight was postponed till my handsome arrival"
"So you mean to say that you spend your sunday off with us just because we're exciting for you?" I ask. Luke Being the hottest guy in Newton Street high school could have easily spent his free time with anyone else but, he seems to have taken a liking for me and my sister, more so with me for some odd reason.
"Well why wouldn't  I painting in the park is so much fun!" As he drips with sarcasm,"It makes this place so much less boring when you fight and it means I don't have to stare at the duck pond all day."he states rather triumphantly. "Anyway could we possibly go somewhere else and do something fun for once today please?"
"You just ask because you know we won't say no don't you," Marissa asks with a smile,"What do you think Amy?"
Oh why not,"Sure where are we going?" Might as well please the crowd.
"What about that new coffee place on Second Ave?"Luke asks hesitantly.
"So long as you buy."I say happily. A few minutes later we are coming up on the coffee shop and I notice that the same van as been following us since we left the park and before I can say anything Luke drags me into the alley we just passed with his large hand over my face so I can't  make any noise and the next thing I see before passing out is the van that followed us stop and luke pull me into it.
Several hours later.
"Amy? Amy wake up please?" Luke says with slight worry in his voice but why would he be worried he just kidnapped me and god knows where I am now.
"Why should I you traitor" Venom dripping from my voice.
"Because you don't don't understand what's going and if you will let I can explain everything to you." Luke laughs
" Where am I and what have you done to me." I finally notice that someone has done my hair and changed me into an elegant green gown.
" Allow me to explain everything for you," Luke replies.
" Well isn't that what I asked you to do?"I snap back
"Yes and if you would just give me a moment I will," he takes a large breath and tells me that I was right that my parents did die in a car crash. He also tells me that my parents were very important people and when I was born and I was the target of a possible attack to get revenge. My parents then thought that it would be best if I went into hiding and so we moved to america until the threat to my life was gone and now that it is I have been returned to my home and am to be the future queen of this country.
" Wait so who are my parents then?" Iask in a rather shaky voice.
" Your parents were the King and Queen of The River Valley kingdom hence the green." He nods to my dress
" If i'm royalty of this supposed country then are we in River Valley?" I ask.
"Yes you are" He states rather proudly," And I have another surprise for you."
"What could be more surprising than what i've already gone through?" I ask shortly.
"You're the new queen," he smiles
The end.

26 comments:

  1. This is written very well! I love the description of the characters and the plot. Great story overall

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astonishly written

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely written

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good use of dialogue!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really neat and dark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good story! Very descriptive

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dialogue is very realistic--the characters' personalities really shine through. Things seemed to escalate quickly toward the end. Would like to hear more about River Valley and her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your use of dialogue was impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg yes. I love the characters!!! And I love how she kinda just accepted that she's queen and that the story just ends there

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good, glad to see sibilings, all though it ends quickly, which is sad. I would like to know how she reacted.

    ReplyDelete