Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Story #24: The Man Who Lost His Life

THE MAN WHO LOST HIS LIFE
      It was always a good life for me, Phillp Richguy. I didn't have much to worry about, I had a lovely wife, Jenny and two children, one boy one girl named Amber and Greg and a job as being the manager of an insurance and pencils company. But one day all this would change I would wake up with nothing and it would be..... The day I lost my life.
      I still remember the day, the time, everything about that chilling dreadful morning. It was August 24th 2013 and everything seemed as if it was normal, me getting out of bed to get a cup of coffee and having a drag off a cigarette thinking "If I don't stop these things they'll kill me for sure" after convincing myself this cigarette would be my last, which I'd done a thousand times I grabbed up my briefcase and kissed my wife and kids goodbye and went off to work.  
    At work it was a quiet day not much happening I had a meeting in the morning about the decline of sales In the pencil department that was quickly resolved with one of my fool proof financial plans to bring sales up even more than they were before.
    As I come home in my 2012 Fisker with my slow jams on I suddenly see a blinding bright light my life flashed before my eyes I feel nothing but warmth and hear a sweet steady female voice "Phillip"? My voice trembling barely understandable "What's happened, is everything ok where am I?"  I still feel nothing and the only thing I'm seeing is this blinding bright light I finally hear the female voice she seems concerned but still calm like she had been through this situation before "everything is fine....for now.
     The light, the warmth and the voice make my fears subside. "What could be that annoying beeping?" I ask myself and realize with every breath there is this odd, sharp, high pitched beep.
     I think about the female voice that I had heard after what had happened. What had happened? Sirens and pain followed by the voice. The pain is slowly diminishing and replaced with an incredible brain fog.
   I'm starting to see things now,  colors vividly flashing by red, blue and just for a split moment I see an image of fluorescent tube like lights and feel a rush of cool air.
      I hear the voice again consoling me, "Everything is fine.", "Your lucky to be alive" I suddenly recognize this soothing female  voice "It's Jenny!" I had never been so confused in my life I had no idea where I was, what was happening, if I was even alive.
      After what felt like an eternity of brain fog, confusion, and surprise I have a vision of the night the accident happened. A semi and the Fisker collided on the side of the road, an ambulance rushing me to the hospital and Jenny holding my hand consoling my unconscious body saying everything was going to be absolutely fine and with all this I had been greeted with  my wife sitting on a chair while I can feel myself laying in a hospital bed.
   My wife had been right by my side the whole time while the kids had been at their aunts house she saw my eyes open and practically jumped off the chair and came and gave me the biggest hug possible and said "I love you" reapitadly
   After all this had happened I always kept in mind that I had such a good life and was so lucky to have it and not take it for granted. My life went on though the insurance/pencil company shut down after an economic recession and we had to rethink our financial plan and our kids grew up but I'm glad I was there for it all.

33 comments:

  1. Very well written! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such and interesting story I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well-written. Creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrote with a good setting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic lesson taught! You did an overall great job writing this story. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very descriptive and thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well-written and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative and good story

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really sad but nice overall

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really good lesson in this story but the dialouge is not formatted right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job. Loved this story

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice.!!1!11! Better than elbows

    ReplyDelete
  14. esta historia desencadena muchos de mis emociones y hizo que mi corazón se disparan. muy bien escrito, las palabras fluyeron a través de mi alma como el agua fluye a través de un canal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or..."this story triggers a lot of my emotions and made my heart soar. very well written, the words flowed-through my soul like water flowing Through a canal." I love Google Translate. :)

      Delete
  15. I like how it says he lost his life but he actually didn't. Like that idea is coolio

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoever wrote this story is a God and is super sexy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how the title says one thing but it ended up happening differently than what anyone no would happen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought the plot and idea were spectacular! I had to re-read it a few times because I got confused, so I'm not sure if some added punctuation would help (it would), or that it's the whole unconscious in a fog part that is naturally (and meant to be) confusing. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good job nice story

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chilling story, love the title.

    ReplyDelete