Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Story #14: A Small Date


A "Small" Date
It was a friday night at Star City and all was quiet. There was nothing special going on that night, unless you were Roger Ramon. He was getting ready for the night of his life. He was finally going on his first date with Gwen, the girl of his dreams. Gwen has long black hair and piercing blue eyes. She was fairly tall for her age. Roger has had a major crush on her since the seventh grade. He has tried countless times to ask her on a date, but he never was able to muster enough courage. He thought he was way out of her league. Roger is short and has dirty blond hair, he has no athletic ability whatsoever, and he's kinda a clutz. With this year being his senior year, he decided to go for broke. He finally asked her out, and to his surprise, she said yes!
Roger was in his bedroom getting ready for his date tonight when his younger sister Sally walked in.
"Why are you dressed like a penguin?"
"I'm not dressed as a penguin!" Roger said, "It's a tuxedo."
"Whatever," Sally said. For a few awkward seconds she just stood there. Roger was getting annoyed.
"What do you want?"
"Why are you in a 'tuxedo'?"
"I have a date tonight."
"Ooooooo! I can't believe Roger Ramon is finally going on a date."
"Yes, I am. Now drop it."
"Is it a girl?"
"Yes!"
"Are you taking her against her will?"
"LEAVE!" Roger said, pushing her out of his room and slamming the door. He started to hear crying and yelling. He decided it would be best if he left soon.
Roger got into his car and drove to Zombie Burger, Gwen's favorite place to eat. She was supposed to met him their, so Roger sat at his reserved tables and waited. About five minutes later he started feeling a little ill. He had a stomach ache and was starting to get dizzy. His vision blurred and he passed out.
He woke up to a massive headache. He got up slowly and rubbed his head.
"What happened to me?" Roger thought.
He started looking around. Everything looked weird. In front of him was a giant, oddly shaped wooden object sticking out of the ground. He tried to move the massive object, but with no success. He decided to lean on the object and think.
"Where am I?" Roger thought.
Suddenly the earth started to shake under his feet. The floor was shaking so much that he was bouncing up and down. He heard what he thought were explosions. Boom! Boom! Boom! They were almost rhythmic. The giant piece of wood he was leaning on was swiftly pulled from behind him. Roger was so scared that he was paralyzed, he couldn't run. Then he saw her.
Standing where the giant piece of wood once was, was a girl. A giant girl. A girl that was so huge he couldn't even see her face. Roger didn't even come up to her ankle. That's when it hit him. The girl wasn't giant, he was tiny. The giant piece of wood was actually the chair where he was once sitting.
"This doesn't make any sense." Roger thought.
The giant girl suddenly sat on the chair. BOOM! Roger was grateful he didn't end up shrunken on the chair. What a horrible death that would be. Roger knew he needed to get someone's help. He has no idea how he got like this, but he knew he couldn't stay on the ground. So he started screaming. He screamed louder than he has ever screamed before.
"HELP! HELP! I'm on the ground, look on the ground! Please help! I'm tiny!" said Roger, but it was no use.
"What now?" he thought. Then he started to hear someone talking.
"Good evening young lady. My name is Hailey and I'll be your waiter. Would you like to order?" said the waiter.
"Not right now, I'm waiting for someone. He was supposed to be here already. I'm on a date with this guy I know from school, and I've kinda had a crush on him since seventh grade," the girl said.
"That fine," said the waitress with a big grin on her face, "May I at least get your name?"
"Gwen"
Roger's jaw dropped. Right there in front of him was his date, hundreds of feet tall from his perspective. She thinks he ditched her. She has no idea that Roger is literally inches away from her, in grave danger. Roger had to get her attention.
He started screaming again, running to Gwen's giant shoe. He mustered all of his strength and started punching her foot. He continued to scream and punch for what felt like forever, ignoring the slight smell coming from her foot. Her feet smelled like a mixture of sweat and perfume.
"She must have ran here," Roger thought.
Gwen moved her foot, making Roger stumble a little. He looked up and saw that she was looking back at him. Roger was so happy he started to cry. He started running around and waving his arms crazily.
"Gwen! It's me, Roger. I need your help. I somehow shrunk and ended up on the floor. I've been here the whole time. Crazy, right? I'm just so happy you saw me. For all I knew I could have been squished under someone's foot. You hear me?"
"Ewwwwww! What kind of bug is that?"
Suddenly a god like foot started descending from the sky, headed right to Roger. He started to run. He started running faster than he ever knew possible. He can't die. He won't let himself die. He couldn't believe that his date is about to kill him without even knowing. The giant foot slammed on the ground just millimeters away from Roger.
"How did you not die?" said Gwen.
She wondered what kind of insect was intelligence enough to know to run away from her foot, so she got on her knees to get a closer look. What she saw amazed her. It wasn't a bug she almost crushed, it was her crush she almost crushed. She couldn't believe it.
"R-Roger? Is that you?"
"Yes! Gwen! It's Roger! I'm so happy you see me. I need your help."
"How did you get so small?"
"I don't know. All I know is I need to get off the floor."
"Ok, climb aboard," Gwen said, lowering her hand.
Roger walked onto her hand. It was quickly brought up to her face. For the next couple of awkward minutes they just stared at each other, dumbfounded. Then Gwen started to smile.
"You're kinda cute when you're so tiny."
"Thanks."
"You know, this is our first date. I'm not going to let you being small ruin it."
Gwen then quickly brought Roger to her mouth, and gave him a kiss. Her lips covered Roger's whole upper body. She then put Roger on the table, and they finished their date. The did end up having a nice time, and afterwards Gwen brought Roger home and explained what happened to him. After a few months Roger was restored to his original height. Roger and Gwen ended up getting married and moving in together, and the rest is history.

36 comments:

  1. Love the humor with Roger and his sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was funny. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very humorous and had good word choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was funny but cute. I really liked this story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So humorous! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made me chuckle -sqau bre

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this story so much! Great characters, plot, description....just all around fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really funny cool story

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dialogue is so real--I could hear my younger sibling being bratty like that. And the fact that he gets shrunk and Gwen thinks he's a bug is so funny. Wasn't sure if she was going to eat him in the end at first, though. LOL This made me laugh. I'm trying to picture whether he is restored a little at a time, or all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to keep people wanting to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet story

    ReplyDelete
  12. I kept wanting to read it, it was very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Why are you dressed like a penguin?" - Made me laugh out loud, funny story

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute and funny nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was B E A utiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think my mind is still on an adventure trying to figure it out but a great story

    ReplyDelete
  17. Romantic. Kinda feel like she could have easily eaten him tho. Like, going to kiss him but then he got sucked up into her mouth and swallowed.
    Neat concept tho!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great story. Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very funny and i like the happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked the idea of it and how well written it was and the ending was perfect. Great story

    ReplyDelete
  21. The commentary was very funny

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool, reminds me of old 50s "horror" movie. It has that vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete