Friday, October 23, 2015

Story #44: Escape at Denny's

Escape at Denny's 

          I glanced up at Vienna as she stared down at the crumpled napkin, trying as hard as she could to not look sad, although it was hard not to look sad in a run down Denny's at 3:09 AM, with the person you fear most watching over you. As I looked back to the dirty floor, I heard footsteps behind me, making me immediately go on edge. He's back. I put my head down again, making sure to not look in his eyes. That would make him even more angry.
          "Can we at least get some water while we're here..." Vienna asked Simon timidly.
          "You just had water a couple hours ago. Plus I don't need to be wasting money on things as worthless as you." Simon grumbles.
          "But we're thirs-­"
          With a loud slam of his fist on the table, Simon shouts, "Save it. I can see now that we're going to have problems if you don't watch that mouth. I wish I never would've taken you two."
          I sat there, mustering up the courage to talk. After about three minutes, I let out a nervous sigh and said "Simon, may I please use the restroom"
          He replied with a grunt, followed by an uninterested "Fine, but only because you're not as stupid as the other girl."
          I got up abruptly and once I was behind Simon, I got Vienna's attention, motioning to the door. She looked at me, perplexed. I mouthed "run". She then understood, and looked to Simon, who was now staring down at the menu intently. She started inching out of her seat, trying carefully to make it unnoticed. It was working so far, and by the time she got to the edge of her seat, she bolted up and ran towards me.
          I started running alongside Vienna, towards the door, towards freedom. We heard a shout from Simon, but we kept going. We didn't know where we were going or what we were going to do, but we did know that we were free. For now.


28 comments:

  1. Suspenseful, and well detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this story and I wish there was more to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written and loaded with suspense. Sequel, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! So suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good definition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great story, good dialogue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good story, needs more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very mysterious. Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting story!! Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredibly spunky, fantastic story pal

    ReplyDelete
  11. This story was filled with suspense

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg please write more I'm begging youuuu this was so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice and interesting. Great Story!1!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great storie, very suspensful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Good, love the suspense in this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your wonderful story


    RS 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete