Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Story #29: Being a Little Brother

Being A Little Brother                                          
I'm the youngest in my family, so that usually means I'm the most pampered. Other times, it means I'm the most picked on. This is the story of how I grew up with my older brother and all of the funny and great moments that happened. Before that happens, a little introduction is necessary.
            My name is Jack Davis. I live in the east side of Hackney with my mother, father, and older brother Brian. I always call him Brain because that makes him mad the most. Brian was four years older than me, well actually he still is. At first I thought that having an older brother, having someone to look up to would be great. Soon I would realize that my brother and I would not get along.
            The best moment where my brother and I didn't get along was when he had to babysit me. Now, trust me when I said this, he hated it when he had to babysit me because I wouldn't go to bed. He would shout, rant, and yell, "Will you go to bed!?" But I never did go to bed. One night, after my parents went out and I heard the door close, I was out of bed, downstairs and into my brother's room in a flash. He was laying on his bed, reading his novel. First thing he tries is "I'm not taking any notice of Jack", which is basically him ignoring me.
            He's done this to me before, so I knew what to do. I went up to him and put my face behind the book, except for one of my eye's staring at him from the side. This means that every time he would get to the end of a line, his eye would look into my eye. After about five minutes, he put his book down and looked at me. "Jack, bud, this isn't fair. You promised Mom and Dad that you would've stayed in bed." I came back and said, with a babyish voice, "But I wanted to see you, big brother."
            He put down his book and let out a triumphant sigh. "Right, that's it, I've had enough." After he said that, he starts up a chant: "Go to bed. Go to bed. Go to bed. Go to bed." He doesn't stop and he goes on for ages. I try to talk to him, "Hey, what do you want for your birthday?" He keeps on chanting so I try, "Do you want a sweet?" Still nothing but that annoying chant. I let out a sigh as well and went to the closed door. As soon as I went over there, he stopped his chanting and went back to reading.
            Now it's my turn to annoy him. I start to play with the door handle and make little rattling noises. "Fiddle diddle, riddle diddle" goes the door handle. Looking back at my brother, I see that he isn't fazed from the annoying sound. So now I start to play with the lock. I lock the door, I unlock the door, I lock the door, I try to unlock the door. It suddenly stopped unlocking. With a sad expression on my face, I look back at my brother. "Brian... I um... the key is stuck in the door." Suddenly, my brother starts laughing like mad. "That'll teach you not to mess with me. Now Mom and Dad will know that you were in my room." Furious and scared, I try to get the door to unlock but it wouldn't unlock. I tried for three hours straight to unlock the door but it didn't unlock, and all the time my brother is on his bed, reading his novel.
            Suddenly, I hear the front door open and I hear my Mom call out. "Brian! We're home!" Mom and Dad walk to Brian's door and try to unlock it, but the door wouldn't budge. "Let us in, Brian," says my Dad, getting a bit angry. All the time I'm thinking to myself, "Oh no" The moment I dread when Dad goes from being cheery to absolutely furious. In a weedy little voice from the inside I said, "I locked the door." Mom starts talking in a sad voice, "Is that you in there, Jack? You said that you would've stayed in bed. How could you lie to us like that?" My Dad, on the other hand, is roaring, "Would you believe it, the little pig!? He's gonna be in great big trouble and since the bloody door is jammed, I'm gonna have to break it down." On the other side of the door, I'm tearing up and I'm saying sorry as much as a Canadian would. I took the key out of the lock and slid it under the door so they would unlock it. As soon as the door was unlocked I dashed upstairs and went into bed faster than an electronic rabbit.

My Mom and Dad didn't even see me go upstairs since I was running to fast. Brian, on the other hand, had passed out with his book on his chest and had been asleep ever since two hours ago. Mom and Dad looked at each other and shrugged before heading upstairs and going to bed themselves. I, on the other hand, am having a hard time trying to go to sleep because my heart is racing so much. Eventually, my heart rate slowed down and I drifted off to sleep.

33 comments:

  1. This story made me smile :) it's great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat descriptive and spunky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really relatable for being a little sibling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relatable great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of my sister and i, great story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the story

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good story, true about being the youngest sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate cake ? 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of us can relate to this story. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was definatly a story that all I could think about was my sister and I.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little brother

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very realistic and understanding! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of us can relate to that big brother/sister bond, nice job

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny descriptive and perfect description of a sibling relationship

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very relatable nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first sentence has so much sass.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really relatable dood 10/10

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was relateable to me and my brothers and sisters

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this story. It's relatable and a little suspense was thrown into there. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally sounds how I was with my older siblings and how my little brother was with me. Well done with very accurate dialogue and comical details. (That scene with the eye on the side of the novel! haha)

    I would love to hear MORE Jack Davis narrated stories. In fact, I think the author needs to make an entire series of Jack Davis books. Like the Junie B. Jones or Captain Underpants series. But better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Relatable, but then again I'm the youngest of four sibilings.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally relatable having younger siblings

    ReplyDelete