Sunday, October 18, 2015

Story #6: A Bad Christmas

A BAD CHRISTMAS
Where do I begin. I was traveling to Tanzania, for work, right before christmas. I had slept the whole plane ride there, and those seats were pretty comfy. When I got off the plane, it was hot, and a SUV was waiting there for me. I hadn't expected that because in my line of work, I rarely got this kind of luxury. Being a sniper for hire had its benefits, and this is not one of them. When I got over to the SUV, I was greeted by the driver. As I approached, he greeted me, "Ah, Mr. Black, so nice to finally meet you. I am Mr. Sneed. My employer is eager to meet you. If you will please get in the car, I will take you to him." Now I wish I hadn't got in that SUV.
As we were going to meet Mr. Sneed's employer, I noticed three cars pull up behind us. I couldn't see the faces in my mirror, the windows were tinted, a little bit too tinted. I started to get nervous, but with my years of experience, I didn't show it. Then out of nowhere, there was gunfire. Before I could do anything, I got hit in the left shoulder. It wasn't bad, just a scrape, but it hurt. I turned to look at Mr. Sneed, and he had a .45 pointed at me. I walked right into his trap.
After I was bound, He said, "Now, I bet you are wonderin what is goin on. Well you see, I don't have no employer. You Mr. Black," he said softly pacing back and forth, "killed my brother, two months ago. Now you will pay." Then he knocked one of his goons knocked me out.
When I woke up, I was tied to a chair, and my hands zip tied together. One of his henchmen was standing there. Over an intercom, I heard Mr. Sneed slyly say, "Grock, you may begin," followed by hysterical laughing.
"You don't want to do this," I calmly stated as Grock walked towards me. He hit me with a handheld taser first, then a few punches. When he was through, my face was swollen, I had a broken rib, and a dislocated shoulder, but this was child's play to me.
Suddenly, Grock was startled when I started laughing. My laughing grew louder and louder, and more hysterical by the second. I started screaming,"That's the best you have! I've seen a first grader hit harder than you! I will kill you with the zip ties on my hands." I was going crazy there, I admit, but it scared the crap out of everyone. "AAARRGGHH!" I screamed as I broke the zip ties. As I stood up, Grock tried to run away, but he was to slow. I grabbed him, and knocked him out with two blows, one to the sternum, and one straight to jaw. I broke down the door, and forced my way out the compound.

I came out with a few grazes, but other than that, I was fine. I got to the nearest car, broke in, and hot wired it. As soon as I was driving off, in the mirror, I could see about a hundred soldiers flooding out of the compound. Luckily, I was going about 130 in one of the Humvees, I was long gone by the time they knew what had happened. As I was driving away, I said under my breath, "This is not the last time you will see me Mr. Sneed. Not by a longshot."

34 comments:

  1. Lots of action and detail I really liked this story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice details and word selection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. this story made me sweat as if i was watching cops

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of action and kept me on my toes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the variety of climax throughout this story. The wording was also great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Alissa! Loved the wording!

      Delete
  7. Lots of action with great detail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great vocabulary and action!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This definitely was one to keep you on your toes, great story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of good action.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of action with a little bit of a twist. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always was wondering what was next. Good job with all the action.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got sucked into the story right away. The narrator's voice/persona is so well done; I felt like I was right there with him. Without the danger of getting shot, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Action packed!!! Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great detail good job

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good detail and action

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very jolly but where's Santa man. You can't have a Christmas story with out him. Overall though, very descriptive and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Felt like a was watching a movie with Tom Cruise and Samuel L. Jackson because of the action.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lot of action what a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the word choice

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the name sneed

    ReplyDelete
  22. A good story, very creative. Glad to see the narrator get out alive.

    ReplyDelete