Thursday, October 22, 2015

Story #32: Zeta

Zeta
     Pulling a seat up to the table I sat in front of a large wooden tablet. Just the thought of touching the planchette sent a tingly feeling flow through my body. Lifting up the shiny red lighter I flicked the switch once and a light glow filled the room as each candle was lit. Letting out a breathe remembering to breath. I placed two fingers on the planchette ignoring all warnings of never play alone. Pushing the planchette around the board in a circular motion a few times. Using what I had read I said in a very serious voice "Is there anyone with me." Waiting for a few seconds and there was nothing... I let out a snort as i probably looked so stupid sitting in a dark room talking to nothing. So I pushed the planchette away walking over to the switch flick on the lights. Then I moved back to the table blowing out the candles and pushing the board into a bag I walked up stair and tossed it into my closet.
     It was around 3am when I finally woke up feeling a weight on my legs causing me to panic a bit and almost fall out of bed. My eyes scanning my sides I finally looked at my legs to see the board. It was perfectly balanced on my legs the planchette set on the word yes. That wasn't the worst part as the board hardly weighed anything there was a thin pale skinned human? It's arm stretched out to touch the board with large black eyes the seemed to be bruised underneath. It's perfectly straight blank hair surrounding the almost white skin.
    hissing it stretched over fear causing me to freeze as a strangely long fingered hand wrapping around my wrist pulling me forcefully to the board. Now I felt the fear leave and a smirk fell on my face and I said confidently "Hello" With a smile returned she tilted her head to the side and moved the planchette quickly to spell hello and then removing her hands she crawled over the board coming face to face with me lifting a hand to my mouth prying it open. Spitting a black tar material into my mouth and then she disappeared. Disgusted I wiped at it moving to my mirror horrified as I watched my white hair turn black, lightly tanned skin now white, and blue eyes now having black pooling from the sides tell they were the same black pits the demon possessed.

     My perspective slowly was pulled back until it felt as if though I was looking through someone else's eyes. A sweet child like voice filled my head saying in a rather sarcastic voice "Hello Zeta."

32 comments:

  1. Great story with lots of detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice and has a a funny plot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! Love stories that are like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and scary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice story, good use of detail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really suspended and scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By unique and descriptive one of my favorites so far

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative and spooky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gave me goosebumps

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you descriped every action

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very creative story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Demonically enticing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear Lord, this scares the crud out of me! It's like those freaky movie commercials and I will probably have nightmares. Thanks a lot!

    Which, of course, means you did a bang-up job with imagery and suspense. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It wasn't only unique but spooky and had a great plot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Different, though I'm a little concered of where you got your material. Nice suspense

    ReplyDelete